In these modern times, with the number of imports and exports increasing, there has been an increase in demand for forklifts. Forklifts are mainly used in warehouses and construction sites to lift heavy loads. There are several forklifts now available in the market that you can hire or buy forklifts for sales in Sydney. If one does not understand their need for forklifts properly, they may choose the wrong forklift that will not be able to satisfy their project needs. So how can one avoid getting the wrong forklift? Whether you are looking for a forklift for hire or buying a new forklift for sale in Sydney, read the article below to find the best forklift that will meet your requirements.
Factors to consider before your forklift hire or purchase in Sydney:
1. Old vs New- It’s always better to hire a forklift when you don’t need a forklift for your day to day use. Checking out old or used forklifts can prevent any unplanned expenses. Purchasing a forklift for sale in Sydney from an authorised dealer is the best way to get a new or a used forklift that will help meet your requirements.
2. Handling Capacity- How much load can your forklift for hire or a new forklift for sale in Sydney can handle is an important choice to make. This is mainly because the more the handling capacity the more will be the cost of the forklift. Similarly larger forklifts will cost you more. Give a thought on how much weight that your forklift should be able to handle. Check for the average load weight and see how much is the requirement.
3. Attachments and Accessories to your Forklifts- When you buy a new forklift for sale in Sydney or look for a forklift for hire, ensure they have the required attachments and accessories attached to them. Attachments like a single or double side shifter can improve the productivity of your forklift.
4. The Mast Height- The loads that may be required to carry can increase or decrease depending on your business needs or seasons. But the height of your ceilings or top racks mostly would remain the same. When choosing a forklift for hire or a new forklift for sales in Sydney, choose the mast height that will meet your needs. Start from the maximum load weight that needs to be operated and accordingly choose the mast height that would be able to carry the set weight.
5. Forklift Size- As multiple forklifts are available, choosing the one that meets the size requirements for your job also plays a crucial role. Standard forklifts for hire can measure between 4- 8 ft wide and 8- 12 ft long. Outdoor forklifts can easily range more than 12 ft. in length. While the ones used in warehouses can range as small as 5 ft. Take into consideration your warehouse spaces for efficient navigation, turning and moving or pallets or other goods.
6. The Engine Type- If you are hiring a forklift or buying a new forklift for sale in Sydney, that is needed to move food, pharmaceutical or underground working, then electric forklifts are the best choice. Diesel forklifts are best suited for heavy-duty applications. For remote applications, an LP forklift can be used. Electric forklifts are now on-demand, though they are pricey, to begin with, they will cover their cost within two years of usage.
7. Tire Types- For working in indoor applications, cushion types are your go-to option especially for warehouses and loading docks. These tyres are quite affordable and have a smaller turning radius, which makes them ideal for compact spaces. Pneumatic tyres are the best bet for outdoor applications, especially for lumberyards or places with lots of gravel. There are special tyres like polyurethane, static-resistant and col-prepped that can be used depending on your usage.
8. Manufacturer- Hiring forklift or buying multiple forklifts for sale in Sydney, then choosing the same manufacturer for all your forklift needs can help reduce your overall cost and help your operators as they will not have to adjust new systems every time they work with a forklift.
So, when you are considering choosing your next forklift for hire or buying a new forklift for sale in Sydney, keep the following pointer in mind- Forklift handling capacity, height, it’s size, engine type, tire type along with the accessories that can transform your forklifts to a proper high functionality machine that will be able to meet your needs and budget. Visit your nearest dealer today that would provide you with your needs of a highly functional forklift for hire or forklift for sales in Sydney at the best prices.